What is triamcinolone acetonide cream? It is a generic drug that is used as a topical corticosteroid to treat dryness, redness, skin inflammation, and itching. It is available in multiple strengths. Depending on its form, it is available in brand-name as well as generic collection.
It is helpful in various autoimmune diseases like arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis, eczema, etc.
It is a synthetic glucocorticoid that helps in adjusting the immune system when overreacts. Depending on your medical condition, age, weight, and other relevant conditions, you are prescribed with the type of triamcinolone.
Some of the triamcinolone topical creams are:
- Kenalog Topical Spray
- Mykacet (nystatin/triamcinolone acetonide)
- Some of the injectable triamcinolone are as follows:
- Triamcinolone acetonide
- Aristospan (triamcinolone hexacetonide)
What Are The Various Conditions in which Triamcinolone Can Treat?
Following are some of the skin conditions which triamcinolone as a topical cream can treat:
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Psoriasis of Scalp
- Discolored skin rash which is thick due to rubbing
- Granuloma annulare
- a disease that causes disc-shaped patches on the upper body
- a type of allergy that causes red and itchy skin called atopic dermatitis
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma
- itching of the anus
- inflammation of the skin due to an allergy
It is also available as a nasal spray, dental paste, and injectible form to treat the following conditions:
- Keloid scars
- Rheumatoid arthritis
What Are The Various Precautions Which Need to be Undertaken While Using Triamcinolone?
It is essential to use triamcinolone as per your doctor’s recommendation. Some of the general precautions which you should undertake while using it as follows:
- The topical application of the cream should be away from the nose and eyes
- After using the cream, lotion, or ointment over your skin, wash your hands properly.
- Do not share your medicine, especially nasal spray with others
- After applying the topical medication, do not cover the skin area unless prescribed by the doctor
- A medical practitioner should administer the injectable form.
What Are The Most Common Dosages For Triamcinolone?
Depending on the form of product you are using, i.e., nasal, spray, injection, or dental paste, the dosage of triamcinolone varies If you are suffering from any of the condition below, your dosage may adjust further:
- Stomach problems
- High blood pressure
- Liver problems
- Heart disease
Let’s discuss the various forms of triamcinolone and their approximate dosages.
The topical application varies from two to four times a day, depending on the severity of the issue. Using the cream or ointment on wet skin is the most effective way to heal. Depending on the illness, the doctor may prescribe the strength of triamcinolone. The general range varies between .025 to .5 percent.
As there are many forms of injectable triamcinolone available as intra-articular, intramuscular, and intravitreal, depending on your treatment and type of injection, the dosage varies. These injectable treatments are considered when the topical form is not working for the patients. Intravitreal injection is primarily used to treat the inflammatory eyes. The intra-articular injection is used for Intra-articular injection. For skin conditions and allergies, Intramuscular injection is useful.
With the best skin penetration ability, topical creams are considered as best.
What Are The Various Side-Effects Of Using Triamcinolone Acetonide?
Some of the common side-effects associated with triamcinolone acetonide are as follows:
- Skin redness
- Skin irritation
- Blistering skin
- Stretch marks
- Thinning of your skin
Besides the side effects mentioned above, there could be some severe effects of triamcinolone acetonide as follows:
- Uneven heartbeats
- Weight gain
- Feeling tired
- Blurred vision
- Mood changes
- Puffiness over your face
- Insomnia (sleeping disorders)
It is recommended to not to swallow or share this medication with anyone. If you are experiencing serious breathing troubles due to an excessive dose of this medication, call your doctor immediately.
I hope you like the article “What is triamcinolone acetonide cream.” Don’t forget to share it with your friends.
- How Long to Boil Sweet Potatoes? 3 Best Tips
- Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream: Uses and Side-effects
- 8 Ways to Get Rid Of Cottonmouth Quickly
- 14 Positive Facts on Coronavirus: Do you know?
- Coronavirus: What is Covid-19? Symptoms, Risk, Treatments, and Relief
- After Covid-19, Hantavirus is The Next Deadly Virus in China