If you consider all the books, websites, programs, celebrity ads, prepared foods, and the various rules about what to do and what not to do, starting a low carb low-fat diet might seem like a very complicated task.
However, by following a few simple basic rules, preparing your menus and drinking lots of water (yes, really), you will discover that a low carb diet can be a simple, easy, enjoyable, effective and delicious thing.
Low Carb Diet Weight Loss
1 – Simplify your definition of the low carbohydrate diet.
Start with the basics. Carbohydrates, when present in the body, are the main source of fuel when converted into simple sugars (known as glucose). A low carb diet is based on the following assumption: if the body does not have enough carbs to work, it will use the fat you have stored.
There is no official definition of a low carbohydrate diet, but the limit is usually between 50 and 100 grams of carbohydrate a day.
This range varies according to the weight of each. An intake of less than 50g of carbohydrate per day could bring the individual into a state of ketosis.
In comparison, the average American consumes between 225 and 325g of carbohydrates per day (which represents between 900 and 1300 calories).
The opinions of doctors vary about the effectiveness of low carbohydrate diets. They seem to lead to weight loss, at least in the short term and they could be beneficial to diabetics by lowering the blood glucose level.
The long-term impacts are less clear. Consult your doctor before starting a low carbohydrate diet.
LOW CARB LOW FAT DIET
2 – Learn to identify the amounts of carbohydrates in your food.
Once you start the low carbohydrate diet, you will quickly find foods rich in carbohydrates.
However, it may be helpful to keep a guide handy, at least initially, to identify the amount of carbohydrate in various foods.
- This kind of guide can be all the more useful if you eat at the restaurant.
- You will find many tables on the Internet that tell you how much carbohydrate is in many foods. To give you a point of comparison, each of the following foods contains about 15 grams of carbohydrates.
- A slice of bread, a half-bagel.
- A banana, an orange or an apple, three-quarters of a cup of blueberries, a cup a quarter of strawberries.
- Half a cup of apple or orange juice.
- A cup of milk (skim or semi-skimmed milk).
- Half a cup of beans, lentils, corn or cooked peas.
- A small baked potato.
- Half a packet of instant oatmeal.
- 15 chips, a cookie, a half-donut.
- One-third cup of cheese pasta, half breaded chicken sandwich.
- Half a cup of ice cream.
- A cup and a half of most starchy foods or 3 cups of these raw starchy foods.
- Meat, fish, eggs and most sauces contain less than 5 carbohydrates per serving.
3 – Simplify what you should eat and not eat.
That’s when you can start to be troubled. Depending on the diet you find, you will have to eat some things that are banned by other diets and vice versa.
- Some diets tell you to eat high-fat proteins (such as meats and dairy products) and avoid most cereals (especially those that contain gluten) while others emphasize protein that is low in fat. fat and a moderate amount of whole-grain cereals.
- Vegetables are a staple of low carb diets. All vegetables have carbohydrates, but some contain even more.
- The vegetables you need to focus on are starchy vegetables. In addition, some low carbohydrate diets do not take into account green vegetables without starch in their total carbohydrate calculation.
- This comes from the high amount of fiber in these vegetables and many people think that this amount can “counter” the carbohydrates in these vegetables.
- To make your low carbohydrate diet easier, make your criteria simple: more protein and vegetables, less starch and refined sugars, and less processed foods.
A simple example would be to consume a lot of lean protein and vegetables, prepared in a simple way. Add whole-grain cereals, legumes, low-fat dairy products,
4 – Do not buy things you do not need.
If you think you will be able to more easily follow your low carb diet with guides and diet programs, this could be a worthwhile investment for you.
However, you can start and follow a low carbohydrate diet without buying this kind of equipment. Low Carb Low Fat Diet. You must follow the rule “more protein, more vegetables, less starch, and sugars”.
- Do not buy low-carb prepackaged meals if you can. Just eat fresh and unprocessed foods
5 – Know that you will not be hungry permanently.
This could be your first concern when you think about giving up bread, pasta, potatoes and other foods that you think will fill you up (besides, they are delicious). Your body can and will adapt and you will feel just as satisfied by following a low carbohydrate diet.
When on a low carb diet, you are not eating less, you are eating differently. Continue to take between three and four meals a day and a few small snacks during the day if necessary.
You may also be less hungry because your sugar level will be better regulated. By consuming fewer carbohydrates, you will have fewer ups and downs in the blood. This will prevent you from being too hungry or having cravings.
6 -Water must become your friend.
You might not believe it at first, but the water can satiate you and help you switch to a low carbohydrate diet more easily.
- You should drink at least 2 liters of water a day, but you can also drink a little more.
- Keep a bottle of water all day at your fingertips. Drink regularly, even when you are not thirsty.
- When you feel like you’re eating something (especially something sweet like a biscuit or donut), take a sip of water to see if the urge is calming down.
- Cut slices of lemons and put them in your water to give it taste.
7. Do your shopping properly.
If you live in a carbohydrate-eating house, you’re not going to be able to throw away the potatoes and bread, but you can make sure your closet contains the ingredients needed to cook low-carb foods.
- Try to fill your closet with the following foods.
- Tuna, salmon or canned sardines.
- Vegetables or fruits (with light syrup) is canned.
- Chicken or beef broth.
- Canned tomatoes or tomato sauce.
- Peanut butter lightened.
- Canned roasted peppers.
- Olives, pickles, and capers.
- Whole wheat pasta, rice, and flour.
- Oatmeal and cereals are rich in fiber without sugar.
- A substitute for sugar.
- Olive oil.
As you customize your menu, fill your closet to your needs.
1- Have breakfast is rich in protein.
If you have nothing against bacon and eggs for breakfast, you’re in luck.
- Your standard daily breakfast could consist of a poached or fried egg with bacon or sausage if you wish.
- To add a little variety, prepare omelets with different vegetables (spinach, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini, etc.), meats and a little cheese.
- You can also try making low carb muffins for blueberries or zucchini.
- Drink some water and some coffee or tea (no sugar, add a substitute if necessary) if you need caffeine in the morning.
- Low Carb Low Fat Diet
How many carbs in a low carb diet
2 – Replace your sandwich for lunch.
Take out all the ingredients that are in the sandwich, avoid the bread and you will have a low carb lunch.
- Roll deli meats in a salad leaf. Add mustard, a little cheese, a pickle or other ingredients of your choice. Add vegetables of your choice, carrots, celery, pepper slices, etc.
- Put some chicken or shrimp in the salad and avoid the bread. Use your fork and eat vegetables at the same time.
- A low carbohydrate pizza could be your lunch one day and your lunch the next day.
Drink, you know it now, water. Can an iced tea or a light soda every now and then ruin your diet? No.
But make a habit of drinking water during your meals (as well as the rest of the day).
3 – Prepare meals with meat and without potatoes.
Steaks, meatballs, pork ribs, chicken or grilled fish (no frying, no breading), these foods will surely become your staple diet.
You can accompany them with grilled or baked vegetables and a salad.
- Change the taste of your meals by adding spices and other seasonings, such as olives or capers.
- You will make a family of happy carb lovers happy by preparing grilled pork fillet with grilled asparagus and a salad for dinner.
- And do not forget to drink water
4 – Take low carb snacks.
It will only get easier to “cheat” with small carbohydrate sweets if you are starving between meals, so you have to think about it in advance by preparing your own snacks until the end of the meal. day.
- Sometimes a handful of almonds or bilberries (or even both in moderation) can help you quench your hunger quickly.
- Standard options include veggies cut with low carbohydrate sauces, mozzarella sticks, or sugar-free yogurt, to name a few.
- You’ll have to limit your fruit intake, but an apple, an orange, fresh or dried grapes, dried apricots or a compote of apples, pears or other fruits without sugar are much better than a bag of chips or biscuits.
- Have you forgotten that you need to drink a lot of water?
Low Carb Diet Plan for Weight Loss
1 – Learn about the other benefits that weight loss has.
There are still uncertainties as to whether it is the “diet” or the “low carbohydrate” 0r “Low Carb Low Fat Diet” part that is beneficial, but there is evidence to suggest that low carb diets may prevent or ameliorate certain health problems such as metabolic syndrome, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease.
- Compared to diets with moderate carbohydrate intake, low carbohydrate diets seem to be more effective at lowering bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
2 – Ask about the risks of insufficient intake of carbohydrates.
Your body needs carbohydrates to produce energy and function normally.
Low-carbohydrate diets followed properly will not cause serious health problems, but a severely restricted intake of carbohydrates may be associated with risks.
- If you fall into an extreme and consume less than 50 grams of carbohydrates a day, you risk developing
- Low Carb Low Fat Diet.
This happens when ketones accumulate in the body because of theexcessive breakdown of stored fat to make energy, causing nausea, fatigue, headaches, andbad breath
- During the first or second week of a low carb diet, you may experience symptoms of ketosis, nausea, headache, bad breath, etc., as your body adapts to a reduced intake of carbohydrates. However, this should pass and you should feel better.
- Some health professionals believe that low carbohydrate diets may increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer over the long term because of the significant amount of animal fat and protein consumed, but the long-term risks of a low carbohydrate diet, just like its benefits, still remain assumptions.
3 – Do not forget the nutrients.
Especially if you are following a low carb diet in the long term, there is a risk of vitamin and mineral deficiency that can cause problems like bone loss, gastrointestinal problems and increased risk of various types of carbohydrates. chronic diseases.
- The fruits may be full of sugar, but they are also full of vitamins and minerals.
- Do not exclude them completely from your low carbohydrate diet.
- Make it an accompaniment to your meals, not the main course.
- You might also consider taking multivitamin supplements, but it would be best for you to talk to your doctor first.
4 – Consult a professional.
Talk to a doctor or other health professional about your desire to start a low carbohydrate diet.
Discuss with him your medical history, the risks, and benefits this diet could bring.
If you have a heart problem, kidney dysfunction, or diabetes, among other problems, it is even more important to discuss it with your doctor.
He may advise you to start a low carbohydrate diet that will do you a lot of good, but he could also give you some special advice regarding your health.
You can also eat cheese, in moderation. He brings a lot of taste.
Remember that fries in fast foods are full of trans fats and carbohydrates, so you definitely have to avoid them.
- Love the salad. A steak and a salad are an excellent meal low in carbohydrates. Buy ready-made salad to save time.
- Nuts and beans are at the limit of your diet. They contain 60% starch. Sprinkle sesame seeds on your salad. For your snacks, drink a little water first to see if the hunger passes. If it does not pass, eat between 10 and 15 nuts, do not keep the entire pouch with you.
- Fast foods are something you can not escape. Order the standard hamburger, not the biggest of the menu. You can easily eat a standard hamburger without carbohydrates by eating only the meat it contains. Use bread to hold the meat and put it in your mouth.
- Then turn it and start again on the other side until you have eaten all the meat and left the bread empty. Low Carb Low Fat Diet. With a little practice, you will be able to do it with dignity even without your mouth being aware of it.
- The fruits also contain sugar, but the small berries contain
fewercarbohydrates and you can eat from time to time, for example, to give flavor to your yogurt.
- You can also eat strawberries, blueberries,
andblackberries, but cherries contain a lot of sugar. You can buy Low Carb Low Fat Diet these frozen fruits at any time of the year. From time to time, you can also eat an apple or an orange.
- Know that there are risks to follow a low carbohydrate diet. Remember to start by consulting your doctor.
- Eliminate as many temptations as possible from home. If you live with people who eat carbohydrates, this may not be possible. This could help you resist the temptation.
- If you’re worried about your health, check with your doctor and have some tests done before and several months later.
- Now, many doctors support low carb diets and have realized that if you follow them correctly, they are a healthy way to eat. Estimate your state of health.
- As a general rule, you will have to spend a week adapting, but you should feel good afterward
I hope you like the article “Low Carb Low Fat Diet”. Share it with your friends.
- How Long to Boil Sweet Potatoes? 3 Best Tips
- Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream: Uses and Side-effects
- 8 Ways to Get Rid Of Cottonmouth Quickly
- 14 Positive Facts on Coronavirus: Do you know?
- Coronavirus: What is Covid-19? Symptoms, Risk, Treatments, and Relief
- After Covid-19, Hantavirus is The Next Deadly Virus in China