Excessive sun exposure and stress are also the leading reasons for the dark spot on the face. Most women face acne spots when they undergo menopause.
If you are also searching for a viable solution to How to remove dark spots on your face fast overnight? This article is for you.
- 1 Best Remedies- How to Remove Dark Spots On Face Overnight
- 2 1- Baking Soda
- 3 2- Potatoes
- 4 3- Apple Cider vinegar
- 5 4- Orange Peel
- 6 5- Aloe Vera
- 7 6- Lemon
- 8 7- Coconut Oil
- 9 8- Cocoa Butter
- 10 9- Turmeric
- 11 10- Honey
- 12 Preventive measures to avoid dark spots and acne scars:
- 13 Clinical Treatment For Dark Spots
Best Remedies- How to Remove Dark Spots On Face Overnight
1- Baking Soda
It is a simple ingredient that is present in our kitchen. Baking Soda works mildly exfoliate to fade away the dark spot gently. Take two teaspoons of baking soda and form a paste by adding water. Apply this paste to the affected area and leave for a couple of minutes. Rinse off with water.
The presence of high starch effectively removes the blemishes, scars, and dark spots. Take out the juice of the potato by grating one potato and squeezing it. Apply it to the acne scars and dark spots. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash the face afterward.
3- Apple Cider vinegar
Besides effective in weight loss, apple cider vinegar is useful in fading dark spots. Apple cider vinegar has an acidic property that helps in lightening up the dark spots. It also removes the dead skin cells, stimulates collagen production, and repairs the damaged cells efficiently. But, it should not be applied directly. Combine one spoon of water and apple cider vinegar. Now apply it gently using a cotton pad. Wash away your face after 5 minutes.
4- Orange Peel
Hesperidin is a potent flavonoid present in orange peel, which has visible skin-lightening effects. Tale ½ teaspoon of orange peel powder and mix with water to form a paste. Using a cotton swab, apply it to the affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash away with water and apply moisturizer.
5- Aloe Vera
This magical herb is known for its incredible benefits on the skin. It is highly beneficial for acne scar treatment, as well. Take some aloe vera gel. Now apply this gel to your face and massage for 3 minutes. Wash your face after 30 minutes. Doing it repeatedly helps in removing the dark spots effectively.
Lemon is effective in lightening up the scars and dark spots on your face. It is a natural bleaching agent that is useful in removing dead skin cells, improving skin elasticity, and promoting skin cell growth. Take cotton but and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on it. Apply it over the face and leave it for 10 minutes. You can also mix honey with lime juice, which will leave your skin soft and supple. Wash off after 15 minutes.
7- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has abundant fatty acids, and Vitamin E. Applying it over your skin, nourishes it gently, and rejuvenates the skin cells. Take one cotton ball to dip it in the coconut oil. Apply gently over the dark spots area and leave it for 1 hour. Rinse with warm water. Mix lavender oil and coconut oil in equal parts to nourish your skin in a better way.
8- Cocoa Butter
By promoting the re-growth of skin tissues, cocoa butter helps fade scars and dark spots. Apply a limited amount of cocoa butter to the skin. Massage it well till it gets absorbed. Apply it every day before going to bed. Cocoa butter helps in locking the moisture in the skin and keeps your skin nourished.
The inflammatory and skin healing properties of turmeric are known to everyone. The presence of curcumin in it makes it an active ingredient for the skin. Squeeze some lemon juice and add a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply them over the scars and dark spots and leave them for 15 minutes. Wash away and apply moisturizer. Applying this at least twice a day gives visible results.
Honey possesses healing and antibiotic properties, which make it an appropriate ingredient for fading dark spots and scars. Applying honey on the wounds and leaving it overnight yields effective results over some time. You can use the bandage over the affected area.
These are some of the simple home remedies which help in removing acne scars and dark spots fast.
Preventive measures to avoid dark spots and acne scars:
As they say, ‘Prevention is better than cure, it is better to be safe by preventing dark spots and acne scars. Here are some of the tips which help in preventing the causes of dark spots and blemishes:
- If you have a pimple or acne on your face, never squeeze it or pop up. it leads to a scar.
- Avoid exposure to the harsh sun rays. If you are required to go in sunlight frequently, apply a sunscreen lotion with a minimum of SPF30. Use hats and shades to avoid direct contact of the facial tissues to the sunlight.
- Exfoliate skin regularly for dead skin removal and to unclog the pores. Clogged pores and dead skin deposition lead to the formation of pimples, which further lead to dark spots.
- There are several harsh chemical products available in the market which promises to yield results but also leave some severe side effects. Natural products loaded with Vitamin C help in fading away scars and improve the elasticity of the skin.
- As stress is another cause of acne and dark spots, fall asleep adequately to reduce the stress levels.
- Avoid sunbathing as it will worsen your acne and dark spots.
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration also leads to skin breakout and many skin-related issues.
- Reduce carb intake and dairy products, as well.
- Never sleep with make-up on your face.
- Avoid smoking as it hinders the skin repairing process
- After every face wash or bath, apply moisturizer gently to nourish your skin.
Clinical Treatment For Dark Spots
For stubborn dark spots, there are specific clinical treatments available. However, these treatments are recommended only when there is a severe hyperpigmentation case due to which you are bearing moderate dark spots. If you refer a dermatologist, he can refer to the following treatments:
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen freezes and conjures the dark spots. It gradually lightens these spots and makes your skin appear bright.
- Laser Therapy: Laser rays are used to remove the dark spots effectively by targeting melanin.
- Microdermabrasion: A unique device that peels off the external layer of skin to reduce the dark spots and induce the growth of collagen.
- Chemical peels: The surface layer of skin exfoliates using a chemical solution to lighten the dark spots.
With these easy remedies, bid adieu to the dark spots and showcase beautiful skin.
I hope you liked the article “How to Remove Dark Spots On Face Overnight?” Do not forget to share it with your friends. Visit our website for more skincare health information- Gohealthline.com.