How to Get Rid of a Fever in 24 Hours: When a body experiences a higher temperature than the average temperature of 98.6 F, it leads to fever. A fever is a sign that your body is fighting a specific infection or illness and not a disease itself.
The most common reason for fever is the infection in your body. There are various bacteria and viruses which persist in the body at its average temperature. Within a feverish body, it becomes difficult for these microorganisms to survive.
If you are caring for fever and looking for steps to break it, here we go on how to get rid of fever in 24 hours:
- First, you should know that you do you have a fever or not? If you have less than 38-degree, it means you don’t get a fever. Temperature levels at or above 38-degree indicate fever.
- Take a rest. Exerting your body under fever can lead to a further rise in body temperatures.
- Drink water a lot. Diluted juices and iced tea help replenish the fluid loss due to a rise in body temperature. Hence it is essential to stay hydrated.
- Assess the causes of fever and take medicine accordingly. Over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen can be of help. However, you should not take them along with any other anti-fever medicines, and the right dosage is critical. Consulting your doctor is essential as few medicines like aspirin are not meant for children.
- Try to reduce your body temperatures externally by removing extra clothes. Do not use a blanket or additional layers of cloth unless you are feeling chilly.
- A cold compress or tepid bath can help if you are comfortable. Avoid cold or ice-cube showers as it could worsen the condition.
How to Assess the Condition?
It is crucial to assess your situation to treat it accordingly. A healthy adult can feel a hit with a fever while a baby might be comfortable with the same body temperature levels. It is essential to assess the underlying conditions to treat the fever right.
When you have a fever, you may feel some of these symptoms:
- feeling weak
- muscle ache
- loss of appetite
Here are some additional signs which also indicate fever:
- Tot skin
- Feeling faint
- Eye pain
Rashes, along with fever, can be a serious underlying medical condition. You should consult your doctor immediately. Vomiting, bloating, or nausea can be treated with medication. Immediate medical assistance requires if your fever crosses 103°F (39.4°C). Convulsions, confusions, and hallucinations are some of the common symptoms of such situations.
Wondering how to deal with your fever, Ask A Doctor Now
How to Get Rid of Fever Chills?
It is crucial to remove additional layers of clothes or blankets to take down the body temperature externally. However, typical fever conditional like viral fever may also lead to fever chills.
To give you relief and comfort at home, here are some of the recommended ways:
- Instead of heavy blankets, cover yourself with light sheets
- Sponge your body with lukewarm water
- Take over the counter medications like Ibuprofen, aspirin, or acetaminophen
Please note that over-the-counter medications are not meant for children. Consult your doctor before treating them with any medicine.
How to Get Rid of a Fever in 24 Hours with home treatment?
There are specific guidelines that can help you to recover from fever at home. If you are caring about your fever and want to get rid of it, it is essential to stay hydrated. Water or electrolytes are the best way to recover your body from fluid loss during fever.
Specific remedies and medicine are available, which help you control body temperature fast. So, here are some of the ways to go:
- Consider taking medications
- Avoid wearing heavy clothes
- Intake of fluids like water and soups
- Seek professional help
Medications Which can be Helpful in a Fever
There are certain over-the-counter (OTC) medications to control the fever as follows:
- acetaminophen (Tylenol )
- ibuprofen (Mortin, Advil )
Before taking any medication, below are a few safety guidelines:
- Never give any OTC medicine to the children. It can increase the risk of Reye’s Syndrome
- Always read the manufacturers’ recommendations. With the over-dosage of medical problems like- kidney problems, liver damage, or stomach bleeding can occur.
- Seek the advice of a doctor if you are unsure about the medication
- There should be a time gap of 24-hours for these medications.
How to Reduce Fever in Child Naturally?
Young children fall ill because they lack a healthy immune system to fight against toxic air and seasonal allergies.
Here are the natural ways to cure the fever of a child:
1 – Apple cider bath
Apple cider is an effective way to get rid of fever when you add in a warm bath. It is the best natural remedy that has been using for ages to reduce fever in children.
2 – Feed them nourishing soup
The fever might make your children sweating a lot, leading to a loss of essential minerals. Feeding them nourishing soups is recommended to replenish these minerals. It is an effortless way to gives energy to your child. It aids their digestion and offers many health benefits.
3 – Probiotic
Rely on a probiotic supplement for your child to improve their immune system. A child doesn’t have a healthy immune system to fight with infection; probiotic helps them to compete with the disease.
4 – Herbals tea
Besides drinking water, herbal tea is another way to increase fluid intake. Herbal tea is safe for children as it is made from natural ingredients. However, refer to the label to verify if it is safe for the children or not.
Get a Natural Herbal Tea For Your Child Now (no link provided)
Do You Need Medical Assistance To Treat Your Fever?
- Consider the age guidelines and medical history. It is essential to assess if treating fever at home is safe? Could there be any other possible underlying medical condition that leads to fever and needs immediate medical attention?
- Track the duration of the fever. If you are suffering from fever for two days or more, you immediately need the medical condition.
Fever is not a disease. It is a signal that your body is fighting with certain bacteria or viruses. However, it is very uncomfortable, and most of us want to get rid of it. Make sure to talk to your doctor before using any medicine. Natural home remedies can be of help only in the initial phases of fever.
If you are not deriving any benefits, consult your doctor. Wear light clothes to avoid excessive sweating leading to the fluid lot. Stay hydrated with increased water intake and take rest to get rid of fever naturally. I hope you liked the post about “How to Get Rid of a Fever in 24 Hours”.