How many calories in sausage: If you are a meat lover, then maybe you have eaten sausages. However, if you are a vegetarian or even looking to try a new type of sausage, then you are not left out.
This piece will delve more in-depth on some of the types of sausages, some of the benefits, sausage meals, and most importantly, the calories in a sausage.
Sausages can be made from any meat; it could be pork, seafood, beef, or even chicken sausage.
Sausages have been in the food industry for many decades now, initially, sausages were invented as a way of preserving meat and were either made by drying, smoking, or curing the meat.
The ground meat is mixed with their spices, which adds more taste to the flesh.
These methods of preservations have over the years, and manufacturers have come up with many techniques to ensure the sausage are even tastier.
As well as cater to different taste buds and wants, and this led to the invention of the vegetarian sausage.
The vegetarian sausage is made from plant-based ingredients, mostly soy protein, some brands add egg whites, but this is only suitable if one is a semi-vegan.
The casing of the vegetarian sausage is made from cellulose, whereas the casing of the meat sausage is made from intestines.
The two types of sausage; meat sausage and vegan sausage all have different amounts of calories. Below is a detailed breakdown of the number of calories in each type of sausage.
How Many Calories in Sausage?
- One link of fresh and raw sausage contains about 82 calories while cooked pork sausage contains about 85 calories.
- Beef sausage, on the other hand, has approximately 42 calories with 0.52 grams carbs, 1.44 grams proteins, and 3.78 grams fats.
- Chicken sausage contains about 49 calories with 0.43 carbs and 5.05 grams protein.
- Turkey meat can also be used to make sausages and have a lot of similarities with the chicken sausage, both these sausage types are loaded with herbs and spices to bring out a new and delicious taste.
- The vegetarian sausage contains around 80 calories.
- A vegan sausage contains lowers amounts of fat compared to the meat sausages.
It is important to remember, the number of calories in any raw food changes once cooked, thus essential to watch the cooking method as well as the ingredients used.
For instance, olive oil is considered a healthier oil option compared to other types of oils such as butter.
In addition to the cooking methods, different companies have different ratios; thus essential to read labels before buying any sausage, some contain higher amounts of sodium as well as fats which play a big part in increasing the number of calories.
Why Eat Sausages?
- Since sausages are high proteins, adding sausages to your diet increases the body’s ability to repair wounds as well as create new muscle tissues.
- Increases the body’s immunity, sausages contain pyridoxine which plays a significant role in boosting the immunity.
- Improves one’s hair health and growth, the presence of proteins in the sausage does not only aid in the development of muscle tissues but also helps in hair growth.
- Reduces fatigue, want to enjoy a productive day, then its time you add sausages in your menu today.
- The body requires constant growth of new muscle tissues, consuming foods high in proteins aid in this development.
- Provides the body with the good cholesterol, which in turn helps to balance fat levels in the body and subsequently preventing kidney disease, blockage of arteries, which may lead to heart diseases as well as hypertension.
- Increased appetite due to the eased indigestion. Sausages contain niacin which aids in the digestion process.
- The repair of cell and generation of new tissues, aids in brain development, which improves brain health improves cognitive function and reducing the risk of diseases such as dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- This is not only helpful for adults, but it is also a vital addition in the young one’s meals.
Types of Sausages and How to Prepare.
Andouille sausage is originally from France, and the main ingredients are jambalaya and gumbo.
Andouille is spicy and is suitable if you are looking for a first and easy snack.
How to Prepare Andouille
Since this sausage is precooked, all you need is a little heat. Preheat a pan and place the sausage on the pan, toss the sausage till it turns brown.
Andouille is a good appetizer and can be served hot or cold.
The Italian sausages come in two types, the sweet or hot flavor. To spice up the minced meat, garlic, salt, anise seeds are used. For the hotter version, red pepper flakes are added.
The Italian sausage can be grilled or sautéed.
This type of sausage provide variety for the consumers and is even used as a pizza topping.
The bratwurst originally from Germany is made from ground pork meat, salt, veal, ginger, nutmeg, and caraway, the bratwurst can also be grilled or sautéed.
To prepare this sausage, you need oil, a grill, or pan. To sauté the sausage, place the pan under low, medium heat, place the butter or oil, after a few minutes place the sausage into the pan and turn for several minutes till brown,
When grilled, place the sausage on the grill and keep changing form the cold to the hot side to prevent the sausage from burning.
The bratwurst sausage is suitable if you have a barbecue.
The chorizo sausage is uncured and is flavored using garlic, chilies as well as salt. However, the ingredients may vary. To prepare chorizo to sauté the mixture on a preheated pan. Chorizo can be used to make soups or tacos.
Sausages are an excellent addition to your menu, and they will not only leave your taste buds yearning for more but will also provide many health benefits to your body.
Another good thing about sausages is the ease in preparation, making them suitable as an addition for breakfast or even as a snack.
Also, do not be afraid to try out the various types, but remember to watch your caloric intake, stay healthy by balancing your meals, and always staying hydrated.
- How to Lose Belly Fat Overnight 2020? 9 Simple Tips
- How to Remove Tonsil Stones You Can’t See 2020? 9 Best Foods
- How Many Calories in Avocado Toast? 7 Health Benefits
- Chrissy Metz Weight Loss Story 2020: How She Lost 100 Pounds?
- How Much Juice in One Lemon: 9 Benefits
- 17 Best Foods to Reduce Bloating Quickly 2020