How Many Calories in Avocado Toast? Avocado toast is one of the simplest dishes to prepare, yet delicious and can be eaten at any time of the day.
But there are several concerns when it comes too how much avocado is enough to stay healthy. Today we demystify the number of calories in this delicious snack.
But before that, let’s take a look at how to make that perfect avocado toast.
1. The first and most crucial step is finding a fully grown and ripe avocado, the main ingredient in this toast is the avocado it thus needs to be tasty and mature. Avoid overripe and mushy avocado.
2. Place the avocado’s flesh in a bowl and mash till soft, for a perfect texture you can use a potato masher instead of a fork. But a fork is also okay.
Add salt, this depends on the amount of avocado, and remember avocado has natural sweetness, so do not overdo the salt.
- For the base, you need two pieces of whole-grain bread; this makes a healthy and perfect base.
- Spread the mashed avocado on one piece of the bread.
- Add some vegetables such as cilantro, basil or even a few slices of tomatoes.
- However, if you do not have these vegetables, a drop or two of cilantro sauce is also okay. Your toast is now ready to eat.
- For an additional source of protein, add a fried egg.
- This combination will not only keep you fuller for long preventing you from eating in between meals but also offers numerous nutritional benefits.
How Many Calories in Avocado Toast?
The number of calories in an avocado is determined by several factors, first the size of the avocado and egg as well as the size of the bread used.
A medium-sized avocado contains about 107 calories, while an extra-large avocado can even contain up 300 calories. A fried egg, on the other hand, may contain about 91 calories, while two slices of wholegrain bread hold up to 131 calories.
If you add a handful of cilantro, then you have added about 23 calories to the toast. Now let’s do the math, let’s assume you use the medium-sized avocado and use half a piece that gives us 53.5 calories, add 131calories in the bread, then add about 91 calories in the egg, and 23 calories from the veggies.
This gives us around 298.5 calories; it is also key to factor in other foods used in the toast.
Avocados Help in Maintaining Proper Cholesterol Levels
Which, in turn, promotes a strong cardiovascular system. A significant contributor when it comes to heart diseases is high cholesterol levels, to avoid this have an avocado once in a while to ensure those cholesterol levels are balanced.
Improves and eases indigestion issues
- This is made possible due to its creamy nature. Also, an avocado contains the right amount of fiber for a healthy gut system. A medium-sized avocado contains about 6 or 7 grams of fiber.
Acts as a detoxifier,
- Avocado has detoxifying properties that help to balance the immune system and reduce inflammation. Chronic inflammation has been associated with unhealthy weight gain.
Reduces the growth of cancerous cells
- Studies in various institutions have shown that folate prevents unwanted DNA mutations during cell division. This, in turn, reduces the risk of colon, cervical, stomach, and pancreatic cancer.
Increase bone health;
- Vitamin K increases calcium absorption in the body and also reduces the excretion of calcium through urine, subsequently preventing fractures.
Reduces pregnancy risks such as miscarriage and help in the proper development of the unborn child,
- Research has shown that folate helps to reduce occurrences of miscarriages and other complications among pregnant women.
Helps in Weight Loss
Eating an avocado reduces cravings during the day by keeping you full but still offering the necessary nutritional value. So the next time you have a busy day ahead, why not make yourself an avocado toast.
You will not only get the needed energy to keep you active in the day but will also reduce snacking which leads to excess weight gain. Other benefits include; improved eyesight, helps to regulate sleep, appetite,
And one’s mood, consequently preventing depression, prevent strokes, balances blood pressure, cholesterol levels and insulin sensitivity.
It’s important to remember; to reap of the benefits, it is necessary to balance your meals include other proteins such as legumes Or animal sources, vegetables, fruits, and carbs that will provide overall wellbeing.
Despite the many health benefits, it is essential to eat small or just the needed portions, have mindful eating habits and most importantly create balance in your daily meals.
The don’ts When it Comes to Avocados
Do not overeat avocado, though good for your health. Avocados keep you feeling fuller for longer and once over eaten may disrupt eating times, in turn, lead to unhealthy eating habits.
Do not store unripe avocados in the refrigerator, after buying or harvesting your avocado wait till it’s ripe to store them in the fridge.
An avocado toast has approximately 298.5 calories. With this in mind, it is also necessary to know the number of calories you need in a day. Now for instance, if the number of calories you need to have a productive day yet maintains your weight is 1900 calories now you have 1601.5 calories to consume.
The health benefits of avocado-how many calories in avocado toast.
Avocados are packed with nutrients to keep you healthy; you find healthy fatty acids and over 15 minerals and vitamins. Some of the nutrients are; omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin K, C and E, lutein, potassium, magnesium, folate, beta-carotene, and niacin to mention a few.
But one concern when it comes to avocado is the fats, but this should not worry you. Avocado contains healthy fatty acids which are essential for the proper development of the body.
In addition to boosting the immune system, fats also help the body to absorb minerals and vitamins and are responsible for healthy skin. For more health information click on the link gohealthline.com.
- Is Sweet Potato Good for Weight Loss? 11 Amazing Benefits
- 3 Best Hand Sanitizer Holder in 2020
- How Long to Boil Sweet Potatoes? 3 Best Tips
- Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream: Uses and Side-effects
- 8 Ways to Get Rid Of Cottonmouth Quickly
- 14 Positive Facts on Coronavirus: Do you know?