Every college student knows that essay writing is an indispensable part of the process that cannot be replaced. In the overwhelming majority of instances, learners spend hours at their computers searching for information on the topic, analyzing data, and looking for credible sources. Brainstorming, concluding, and writing take extra time. Consequently, every single day students have to take hours gazing at desktops or other screens. Is it beneficial for your health? Definitely, not, especially when it comes to eyesight.
Additionally, it is critical to mention that most learners make the same mistakes every single day, harming their health and triggering serious vision issues. Thus, digital eye strain is a disorder students are diagnosed with, as they spend too much time working and playing at their computers.
Typical Mistakes Students Make
First of all, it is fundamental to mention that there is no way you skip essay writing assignments, as they are parts of the academic process. At the same time, there are effective ways to eliminate the negative tension in the eye and achieve the necessary results without a negative impact on your health. Check out an extensive list of mistakes most learners make while studying.
Not Taking Enough Breaks
Working on digital devices for a long time may be harmful to your eyes. Therefore, it is indispensable to take regular breaks from the screen, letting your eyes rest. Unfortunately, there is a considerable number of students who keep breaking this rule, which results in poor vision and other eye impairments.
Is it possible to improve the situation? Check out the 20-20-20 rule during an intense working day. Besides, consider listening to music, audiobook or podcast after a long day at college so that your eyes can finally relax and restore.
Dry eyes are one of the most common problems college students face. Normally, people blink 10-15 times every minute, which is indispensable for the proper functioning of the eye, keeping it moist and comfortable. Working on the computer writing essays or researching, students tend to blink less. As a result, they frequently feel burning, aching, heavy eyes, sore eyes, and other symptoms of dry eyes.
Striving to prevent the issue, learners should remember that frequent blinking is critical. If you feel that you cannot blink often enough, you should consider buying artificial tears that will take maximum care of your eye health.
Not Wearing Special Glasses
Academic writing takes hours, and ignoring anti-reflective lenses or glasses is another critical problem students make. In fact, it is a flawless way to reduce eye strain and avoid unwanted effects. At the same time, it is indispensable to mention that it is not the only effect you can achieve with anti-glare coating on your glasses, as it also contributes to your vision and helps to keep your glasses more attractive.
Not Adjusting the Settings
A too-bright or too-dark screen, huge or tiny font, and a few other options may influence your vision and lead to negative outcomes. No matter if you are working on a laptop or computer writing papers, take your time to select the appropriate font, screen brightness, and other options to make your work comfortable and easy.
Not Keeping the Right Posture and Distance
Finally, your posture and distance to the screen also matter. Well, although it may not be easy to choose the right settings, the result will be 100% worth the effort. Make sure your eyes look down at the screen and the device is placed at least 50-80 cm from you. It is the necessary minimum you can do to avoid critical health issues and achieve the desired academic results.
Effective Ways to Prevent Vision Issues
Once you are aware of your problems, you have a chance to avoid some of them, gaining excellent results. Additionally, there is a plethora of other methods to eliminate a negative impact on your eyes and make academic writing a safe and comfortable activity.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Does your eye health depend on the diet? A lot. Therefore, you should make sure you get enough minerals and vitamins that can trigger a positive impact on your eye health.
- Do eye exercises. Even though it may sound hilarious to some people, this is one of the most effective ways to contribute to eye health. Follow the rules and guidelines specified by the doctor to achieve the desired results stress- and risk-free.
- Use eye drops. Using eye drops is indispensable for the prevention of eye dryness. Make sure you see the doctor and get a prescription so that you do not do more harm than benefit.
- Get professional help. Essay writing may be an interesting activity, but it is critical to take some time off the task. Check out the writingpapersucks.com page to detect a comprehensive list of the most reputable and reliable essay writing platforms that can help you preserve your health without harm to your college success.
- Quit smoking. If you have always been convinced that smoking is safe, forget about it. It does not affect your overall health but also impairs your vision, leading to decreased eyesight and fast deterioration.