Bacon nutritional facts. Numerous debates have risen concerning the nutritional benefits of bacon.
And though for many years bacon some people shy away from bacon. Research in recent years has shown bacon has far more benefits than we may think.
Bacon is made from pork meat; the meat is then cured through injecting brine or soaking in the brine.
Read on as we demystify some of the doubts we have about bacon. Below is a list of some of the nutritional benefits of bacon and essential tips on how to stay healthy while enjoying your favorite foods such as bacon.
Bacon Nutritional Facts
Bacon boosts heart health, contrary to popular belief; bacon is good for your heart. Bacon consists of about 40% fats, and 10% cholesterol while the remaining 50% contains mono-saturated fats, these fats have oleic acid, which helps to boost heart health by balancing the cholesterol levels.
Oleic acid is also found in olive oil, which has been over the years been a preferred choice for many in cooking as well as dressing salads.
Besides oleic acid, bacon also has high amounts of magnesium, which improves the cardiovascular.
Magnesium also helps in balancing blood pressure.
- Balances blood sugar and helps in lowering blood pressure, the mono-saturated fats found in the bacon play a key role in creating balancing when it comes to blood sugar levels.
When the body has higher amounts of good cholesterol, ones overall health improves, and issues such as blood pressure or even high blood sugar levels decreases.
- Helps in the repair of wounds and enhances the growth of new muscle tissues, since bacon is made from meat, which is a protein one can recover fast form wounds. Protein plays a huge role when it comes to repairing of wounds. Thus any food with protein is good to ensure you stay healthy.
Eating Bacon After a Workout is Particularly Good.
Additionally, bacon contains zinc, which helps in muscle development and repair. Zinc also helps in balancing hormonal levels. Bacon nutritional facts,
- Bacon helps in weight loss; a good healthy breakfast should have balanced nutrients, and adding a dose of protein in your breakfast may help you lose weight. Bacon keeps one full for longer, in turn, reducing cravings and eating in between meals.
Additionally, the good thing about bacon is it provides sufficient energy to keep you active throughout the day.
So the next time you have a busy day, why not have bacon for breakfast. For the best results, however, add vegetables, fruits as well as carbs on your plate.
Yes, you read that right, research shows that bacon helps in reducing stress.
Eating bacon stimulates the brain by producing feel-good hormones. The next time you feel down, eat bacon and relax.
Contains potassium which aids in faster absorption of other nutrients.
Potassium also helps to convert glucose to glycogen, which is later stored in the liver for the supply of energy.
Potassium has numerous health benefits, and when combined with sodium helps in regulating water and blood levels in the body. Also, potassium is responsible for converting proteins into amino acids.
Bacon contains selenium, which improves thyroid performance.
Bacon is a Source of Choline: Bacon Nutritional Facts
which aids in proper liver functioning, muscle movement, brain development, increased metabolism, and normal functioning of the nervous system — in turn, improving one immune system.
Though choline is produced in small amounts in the body, it is vital to have an external source of this essential nutrient.
which is vital for bone development, in about 100 grams of bacon, phosphorus takes up about 56%, preventing bone fractures.
Why You Should Consider Eating Bacon.
Now that we know the various health benefits associated with bacon here are more reasons to add bacon into your menu.
- Besides boosting one’s immune system, bacon is readily available,
- Get fresh bacon from the local’s farmers market.
- Due to its popularity, you can also find bacon in many parts of the world.
- Easy and fast to make; another reason you need to add bacon into the menu is the ease in preparation.
- Everyone wants an easy, tasty yet nutritious meal and bacon has got you covered.
- In less than 10 minutes, bacon is ready, and the best thing, there is no preparation.
- Can be eaten at different times, want to have bacon for breakfast, then fry some eggs and add a few slices of bacon,
- feeling tired and need a snack to help you continue with the rest of the day, have bacon.
In addition to its versatility, bacon is also suitable for the entire family.
- Bacon is tasty and will leave your taste buds yearning for more, isn’t it nice to have a tasty yet nutritious meal, then bacon offers just this. In addition to the numerous health benefits, you get to enjoy a delicious meal.
Things to Consider When Eating Bacon
Besides the many benefits, it is also essential to monitor your food intake, and though bacon is low in carbs.
There is a need to balance your meals for overall health. Add more meals on that plat. Also, make sure you seek medical assistance in case of any unusual health changes.
As mentioned earlier, bacon has high amounts of fats, and though these fats are beneficial to the body,
For some, the high amounts of fat may lead to other health complications.
Best Time to Eat Bacon.
There is no set time to eat bacon, but for the best results consider eating bacon for breakfast, a brunch or evening snack.
However, as an evening snack eat a small amount as it may affect your appetite, in turn, changing your eating patterns.
Also remember to balance bacon with other foods, including other sources of proteins, have diets high in fiber, and finally eat some carbs. For more health information visit gohealthline.com.
- Is Sweet Potato Good for Weight Loss? 11 Amazing Benefits
- 3 Best Hand Sanitizer Holder in 2020
- How Long to Boil Sweet Potatoes? 3 Best Tips
- Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream: Uses and Side-effects
- 8 Ways to Get Rid Of Cottonmouth Quickly
- 14 Positive Facts on Coronavirus: Do you know?