One such diet that has been proposed for people looking to lose weight first, is the 3-day diet American heart association. Losing weight and staying fit is a major topic and several diets and methods have been used with an attempt to achieve weight loss.
This diet gives guidelines on what to eat for three days and is believed you lose around 10 pounds. However, debates and doubts have been raised over the safety of this method. But some people still advocate its use.
3-Day Diet American Heart Association
For the three days, this diet requires you to eat:
1. On The First Day
One is expected to take around 1400 calories. Breakfast: a cup of black tea or coffee, and a cup of fresh juice or a half grapefruit, a slice of toast, and a teaspoon of peanut butter.
For lunch: you eat half a cup of chicken or tuna, one slice toast, and a cup of black tea.
Dinner: the diet recommends 2 slices of any kind of meat, for fiber you eat a cup of string beans, and a cup of carrots, a small apple, and finally a cup of vanilla ice cream.
Heart Healthy Diet Plan
3-day diet American heart association. You should follow the things which are giving below.
2. For Day Two
You take one cup of either back tea or coffee, a hardboiled egg, one slice of toast, and half a banana. For lunch eat half a cup of tuna, 5 soda crackers, and a cup of cottage cheese.
For dinner, you eat a plain hot dog, one cup of broccoli or cabbage, a cup of turnips, half a banana, and a half cup of vanilla ice cream. On the second day, you are expected to consume about 1200 calories.
3. By The Third Day
The amount of calories you consume has reduced to about 1100. As the portions are now lesser.
For breakfast: one cup of black tea or coffee, five saltine crackers, a slice of cheddar cheese, and a small apple.
For lunch: eat a hard-boiled egg, one slice of toast, one cup of tea or coffee.
During dinner: you eat a cup of plain tuna, one cup of beetroot, a cup of green leafy veggies, one cup of cantaloupe, and finally half a cup of ice cream.
After the three day diet, one is recommended to eat a low carb diet for the next four days following three meals a day and two snacks each day. The cycle of the three-day diet and four follow up days can be repeated until one achieves their desired goal.
Below Are Some of The Advantages And Disadvantages of The 3-day diet American heart association
- This diet offers a structured guideline, preventing guesswork on dieting.
- It is also highly restrictive as it discourages processed foods.
- The diet also ensures one stays full throughout the day preventing craving and eating in between meals.
- The diet works first, ensuring you attain your goal in the shortest time possible. In just 3 days you are expected to shed around 10 pounds.
- Despite the many advantages of this meal plan, several concerns have come up with one of the main concerns is the lack of scientific proof
- The diet has low nutritious foods such as hotdogs and saltines. Also, foods such as hotdogs and ice cream may lead to unhealthy weight gain.
- This meal plan does not provide all minerals and vitamins, due to the restricted meal plan the meal lack various vitamins which may affect the overall well-being.
If you are looking to lose weight first, then this is an ideal option. However, the 3-day diet American heart association may not boost your immune system.
- Know your caloric need, the number of calories consumed in a day plays a crucial part in determining your weight.
- To maintain your weight or lose weight it is important to monitor your caloric intake.
- The amount of calories one needs is determined by your gender, age as well as the height.
- Eat fresh and organic foods, fresh foods contain more nutritious value compared to processed foods. Consider shopping in a farmers market.
Processed foods have been associated with cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, and are also linked to obesity.
- Read food labels, reading food labels will help you identify the number of calories in foods.
- Write a menu and do a weekly grocery shopping, writing a menu helps you take control of your meals and also helps in creating balanced meals for the entire day.
- Write a food diary, a great tip to help you monitor your weight is keeping a food diary, if you prefer the spontaneous meal schedule then keeping a meal diary will help you monitor the effects of certain foods.
In addition to writing what you consume, consider measuring you weigh frequently.
American Heart Association Weight Loss Diet and Exercises
This will also help you see how much weight you gain and the foods you need to increase as well as certain reactions to the foods you eat.
- Exercise: though what we eat plays the largest part in our weight gain or loss, another routine to help you maintain your weight is by regular exercise. Try exercising 3 to 4 hours each week.
- Stay hydrated: drinking 7 to 8 glasses a day will not only help in maintaining your weight but also helps in flushing out toxins.
- Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger and in the process end up eating at the wrong times of the day.
- Avoid stress: or seek medical guidance during stressful moments. Some people use food to cope with stress and this may lead to unhealthy weight gain.
- If you are going through a hard time get counseling and consider starting a new hobby.
The three-day diet may help you attain your desired weight in a short time, But before starting this diet it is essential to visit your doctor, have a check-up to identify your levels of agility during the one-week routine.
But most importantly remember not to overdo it. If you want to know more about health information like weight loss, weight gain, pregnancy, hair growth, exercise, workout plan, cancer, testosterone, cold sore, you can visit – gohealthline.com.
Know more about diet plans. If you are looking for any diet plan, skincare diet, best face wash for pimples, weight gain diet, weight loss diet, baby diet plan, women diet plan, pregnancy diet, testosterone diet. You can visit – diet24x7.com.